Rosacea is a skin condition that is often seen in people who tend to blush or feel flushed easily. Although the tendency to turn red may be appealing to many, thanks to the rosy glow it offers, it might get problematic at times if a person develops persistent redness. This persistent redness is often accompanied by acne issues, dry and itchy eyes, and a swollen and enlarged nose, which are some common symptoms of rosacea.
When one develops rosacea, it can seriously impact one’s self-confidence and social life. A person over 30 who develops red patches on the skin frequently must check with a dermatologist immediately, so that the problem behind that redness is evaluated and diagnosed before it becomes serious. If it turns out to be rosacea, medical help must be sought. However, before taking any medicine, one must always use a few home remedies so that the condition is treated easily and naturally at home. Read below to find out the top three home remedies that have proved to treat rosacea effectively.
Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Wash
How To Use It?
1. Buy an anti-dandruff shampoo that contains aloe vera and 1% selenium sulfide.
2. Squeeze out a small amount in your hand.
3. Gently apply it on your face and wash it with tap water.
4. Pat dry your face and follow it with a light, non-fragrant moisturizer.
This treatment should be done four times a week to get effective results.
Apple Cider Vinegar Soak
How To Use It?
1. Take a cup of water and add 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered, and unpasteurized ACV to it.
2. Stir it well and dip a cotton ball into it.
3. Apply the cotton ball in the red and inflamed areas.
4. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse it with water.
Repeat this procedure once in 2 days for 2 weeks continuously to get rid of rosacea breakouts and red patches.
Note: You can consume ACV in the morning by diluting 2 teaspoons or 1 tablespoon of it in a glass of water.
Virgin coconut oil extracted by the process of cold-pressing contains fatty acids that have strong microbial properties. These properties of coconut oil help in reducing the symptoms of rosacea, moisturize the skin, and nourish it well. Applying virgin coconut oil is the most simple and a highly effective technique to get rid of rosacea breakouts and keep the chances of getting affected by it at bay.
How To Use It?
1. Take 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil and apply it gently on the affected areas.
2. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes on the skin.
3. Gently wash it off.
4. Pat dry the affected areas and use a non-fragrant, light moisturizer.
Repeat this method twice every day for 7 to 10 days continuously to get cured from the symptoms of rosacea effectively.
Note: You can mix 2 to 3 drops of tea tree essential oil with coconut oil to get better results as tea tree essential oil is highly anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory in nature.