The age today is of stress and pollution that has resulted in loss of good health and has even made us look dull. After a day’s work, when we return home and look at ourselves, we notice that stress, pollution, sun rays, and other factors affect our complexion. We often tend to rely on quick fixes that can even harm our skin. The beauty products that we use contain harsh chemicals that often go unnoticed and can affect our skin adversely.
So, you might be wondering what can help you whiten your skin without harming it and if there is any home remedy that serves the same purpose as those beauty products. You will be elated to know that there is a secret ingredient to bring back the natural glow in your skin, and it is rice powder. Rice powder or rice flour is used to treat blemishes and maintain a fair complexion of the skin. It contains high levels of PABA (para aminobenzonic acid) that can act as a sunscreen, and allantoin present in rice flour soothes sunburns and promotes skin repair. Rice flour also contains tyrosinase that can control the production of melanin in the skin. It is high in vitamin B that boosts new cell production and even slows down the aging process. By improving the collagen and elasticity of the skin, rice flour brightens the skin and also, helps remove excess oil and sebum, resulting in youthful, glowing skin.
Flour For Skin Whitening
Rice flour can be used with many different ingredients to whiten the skin and bring the natural glow back. Any one of the following remedies will make you look bright and youthful again.
Rice Flour And Milk
1. Take a handful of uncooked rice and grind it to make a fine powder.
2. Take 1 tablespoon of the rice flour just made and mix it with milk to make a fine paste.
3. Apply this paste as a mask over your skin and leave it on for 15 minutes.
4. Wash it off with water kept at normal temperature and then, wash your face with cold water.
5. Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a week.
Tip: You may also use yogurt instead of milk for a cooler effect.
Rice Flour, Green Tea, And Lemon Juice
Rice flour can be used with green tea and lemon juice to diminish dark spots created by acne and this mixture also helps prevent wrinkles.
1. Take a cup of hot water and let a green tea bag steep into it.
2. Take 3 tablespoons of that green tea and mix it with 2 tablespoons of rice flour and 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice to make a paste.
3. Apply this mixture over the skin and wash it off after keeping it on for a few minutes.
4. Repeat this remedy thrice a week.
Rice Flour And Lemon Juice
1. Take 4 tablespoons of rice flour and mix it with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
2. Stir the mixture well and apply it over the skin.
3. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
4. Wash it off with water by gently massaging in a circular motion.
5. Follow this method three times a week.
Tip: You may add 1 teaspoon of turmeric to this mixture for better results.
Rice Flour And Aloe Vera
The combination of rice flour and aloe vera forms an excellent pack to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells.
1. Take 1 tablespoon of rice flour and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
2. Mix the ingredients well.
3. Apply the paste over the skin and leave it to dry.
4. Rinse it off with cool water massaging gently in circular motions.
5. Repeat this remedy once a week.
Flour And Egg White
The combination of rice flour and egg white helps to tighten and close open pores in the skin and also, reduce the production of melanin in the skin.
1. Take 3 tablespoons of rice flour, 1 tablespoon of egg white, and 1 tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
2. Mix the ingredients well.
3. Apply the mixture over the skin and leave it on for 20 minutes so that it dries.
4. Wash it off by massaging gently in circular motions.
5. Repeat this remedy regularly.
To get the most effective results, follow the methods regularly and start looking bright and beautiful.