Remove all foods high in sugar; starchy veggies; and half of your carbs, especially grains and rice; and then workout with light weights for 30 minutes every other day. Your body will build new muscles from the protein and burn fat for energy for the next 12–48 hours after the workout.
Here is my challenging but effective 3-step fat-burning approach:
1. STOP Consuming ALL Sugar!
- No starchy veggies
- No fruit juice at all and only fruits low in sugar like apples
- No sweets of any kind or products with any type of sugar or sweetener (OK, some stevia and a little honey is fine.)
- No alcohol, cookies, candy, cereals, processed foods with added sugar, etc. – nothing with sugar
Why? Because if your body has simple carbohydrates, it will just use the calories or energy from this source and not bother burning any existing fat reserves.
Note: Don’t bother with the further steps until you have completed step 1.
2. Eat A Lot Of Vegetables With Beans
- Have greens for breakfast (fried or steamed is fine, even juiced is OK).
- Have large salads for lunch and dinner (follow individual body-type recommendations).
Prefer raw vegetables and steamed cruciferous vegetables. It takes more calories or energy to digest raw vegetables. Their high fiber content makes them very cleansing, thus making them perfect for weight loss. So eat LOTS of greens.
Juicing vegetables every day helps, but it is not as cleansing as fresh veggies.
If you have blood-sugar issues, focus on dark greens. Celery, kale, parsley, and spinach are the best.
For a heavier juice with more protein, add asparagus, string beans, and cauliflower. To sweeten it up, use limes and not carrots, beets, or apples. To replace a meal, just add about 6 tbsp of hemp seeds and a couple tsp of freshly ground flax seeds.
Use only vegetable protein, reduce carbohydrates, and add healthy oil/fat.
- Stop all animal protein and replace with legumes – beans (kapha and pitta types) and lentils (vata type).
- Use coconut oil instead of butter and sunflower oil instead of olive oil.
- Gradually reduce carbohydrates such as rice and other whole grains to half servings (1/2 of a fist size).
Prefer meals of beans or lentils with lots of veggies and a small portion of whole grains with a little oil.
3. Eat Less And Stick To A Tight Eating Schedule
- Never eat after 7 pm, not even fruit. Try to eat earlier at around 4 or 5 pm.
- Drink only water with lemon or herbal teas between meals and not fruit juices.
- Eat 3 small meals a day or just 2 meals, or just have a salad for dinner. In other words, EAT LESS!
The body burns fat between meals, so the longer you can make the space between meals, the more fat you will burn. But don’t skip meals, not even breakfast.
Take a late breakfast and early dinner or skip dinner once in a while. No matter what, don’t start snacking on “healthy” snacks. You need to cook and prepare 2 or 3 complete meals each day.
You may have to work at this for a few weeks or even a month.
4. Add Some Light Weight Training And/Or Juice Fasting
Do this for 30 mins every other day.
- Take up 10 minutes of solid cardio first, like running in place or biking to break a sweat, and get your heart rate up.
- Do at least two sets each and rest 1–2 minutes in between the sets.
- Each set should be until you have some muscle strain (work up to it).
- Do some cardio to warm up and cool down, but focus on the weight training to build muscle.
You don’t need a gym to to do this. Just run in place, use a step, or go up stairs. Then, lift some weights and work those muscles.
A juice fast will further force the body to lose more weight if this type of therapy is suitable or necessary.
This is the final focus of my weight-loss program since good eating habits, food combining, and meal planning should be done first. Additionally, a colon cleanse and liver detoxification are absolutely necessary to successfully lose weight and naturally keep it off.
Good digestion and being able to restrict food intake is important. Also, a person should be nutritionally sound without nutritional deficiencies and have good energy levels before following this program.