Feet can become dirty, dry, smelly, and tired after a long day. They can trap dirt easily, which can lead to an infection.
Getting a pedicure done from time to time can be heavy on the pocket. Making a natural foot scrub at home is simple, and also an effective way to keep your feet from looking dirty. Foot scrubs can help you get rid of dry skin, cracked heels, germs, in addition to relieving pain. A good exfoliator paired with a natural moisturizer and antibacterial ingredient makes an ideal foot scrub.
DIY Foot Scrub Recipes To Soften Your Feet
Here are 6 easy and inexpensive foot scrub to make your feet look clean and beautiful:
1. Peppermint And Sugar Foot Scrub
While sugar acts as an exfoliator, peppermint essential oil can relieve pain and also has antimicrobial properties that make it a good ingredient for a foot scrub.1
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup warm coconut oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Add the coconut oil till you have a grainy consistency.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass jar and use it before you shower.
Instead of granulated sugar, you can use Epsom salt for the same effect.
2. Baking Soda, Brown Sugar And Olive Oil Foot Scrub
Baking soda is a versatile ingredient that has a variety of benefits. By adding it to your foot scrub, you can get rid of the dead skin and foot odor.2 If you have dry and cracked feet, this foot scrub can help you moisturize your feet as it contains olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Take all the ingredients and mix them thoroughly.
- Scrub this mixture on your feet or any other rough areas right before you take a shower.
- Rinse it off with water.
3. Coconut Oil And Sea Salt Foot Scrub
Coconut oil can have a soothing effect on your feet and protect your feet against inflammation, germs, and dryness. It can also improve blood circulation to your feet and keep your feet fungus-free.3
- 1 cup salt
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 3 essential oil
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of salt and ½ cup of coconut oil.
- To this, add 3 drops of essential oil of your choice.
- Mix them thoroughly.
- After you use it, store the remaining scrub in a glass jar.
4. Sugar And Lemon Foot Scrub
Granulated sugar is excellent for exfoliating your skin. Additionally, lemon essential oil has antibacterial properties and can also relieve pain.4
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup almond or coconut oil
- 3-4 drops lemon essential oil.
- Pour the sugar into a bowl and add coconut oil as you stir it.
- Stop adding oil when you feel that it is of the right consistency.
- To this mixture, add 3 to 4 drops of lemon essential oil and mix well.
- Store this in an airtight jar.
- You can scrub this on your feet for a few minutes and rinse it off with water.
5. Sea Salt, Tea Tree Oil, And Peppermint Oil Foot Scrub
Tea tree essential oil has both antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Using this foot scrub will make your feet soft and soothe them.5
- 1 cup sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 5-6 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5-6 drops tea tree essential oil
- Pour 1 cup of sea salt into a jar.
- Start adding the carrier oil till it covers the sea salt completely.
- To this, add 5 of 6 drops of both the essential oils.
6. Coffee, Sugar, And Olive Oil Foot Scrub
Brewed coffee grounds can make your skin refreshed by removing the dead skin cells. Coconut oil can moisturize and soothe your feet, thereby improving the skin health.
- ¼ cup brewed coffee grounds
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Store it in a container or use immediately.
Avoid using this scrub in the shower as you may clog the drains.
Note: Before using any ingredient, especially the essential oil, test it on your skin to rule out any allergies.
|↑1||Atkinson Alicia. Essential Oils for Beauty, Wellness, and the Home: 100 Natural, Non-toxic Recipes for the Beginner and Beyond. Skyhorse Publishing, Inc., 2015.|
|↑2||Thacker Emily. The Magic of Baking Soda. James Direct, Inc., 2010.|
|↑3||Brandon Britt. Coconut Oil for Health: 100 Amazing and Unexpected Uses for Coconut Oil For Health. Simon and Schuster, 2014.|
|↑4||Lambert Jeannie. Lemon Essential Oil: A Beginner’s Guide Revealing the Power of Lemon Oil. Xilytics, LLC, 2014.|
|↑5||Lyda Lisa H. The Ultimate Essential Oils Collection: A Compendium of Essential Oils Knowledge. Xilytics, LLC, 2014.|