Eating healthier is delicious and you need not be without the foods you love – it is about adding in, not taking out!
Who does not love powdered sugar dusted over their favorite healthy treats? The recipe below will help to balance blood sugar to stop hunger and cravings, during the holidays and all year round.
Sugar-Free Powdered Sugar (And A Bonus Recipe!)
- 1 1/2 cups xylitol or erythritol
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot (optional, but makes the final product more like processed powdered sugar!)
- Place the sweetener and either cornstarch or arrowroot into your blender or food processor.
- Blend on high continuously until the mixture is of uniform powdered consistency. In a high-powered blender, this should only take about 30 seconds.
Healthy Glaze Icing
- Combine 1 cup of the above powdered sugar with 1 1/2 tbsp almond milk and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract.
- Use in place of regular powdered sugar icing, on healthy brownies, cookies or cupcakes, etc. Enjoy!